Answers To Your Questions...
- How long does Gemini Moving Specialist need for in-home estimates?
- What are my responsibilities?
- What can or can't I take with me?Gemini Moving Specialist
- What about my car?
- Can I pack my belongings?
- How long will Gemini Moving Specialist take to pack my goods?
- Can I leave my clothes in their drawers?
- What are my rights and responsibilities when I move?
- Is there anything that I cannot have shipped?
- What Is a Bill of Lading/Freight Bill?
- What is "Quality Labor Certification"?
- What does the Windfall system do for me?
- What is a move coordinator?
Our in-home estimates usually take no more than one hour. A moving consultant will come out to your residence, survey your home and come up with an accurate estimate based on volume of your shipment. The estimate is printed on-site so you and your moving consultant can go over any questions you may have about the estimate.
- Be present during the packing of your belongings.
- Take personal responsibility for jewelry and other high value items.
- Check and sign the inventory of your belongings.
- Ensure that no prohibited items are packed.
- If packing yourself, make sure that you pack correctly. (Click here for details)
Before your possessions are packed, it is important that you understand which items cannot be shipped. Generally speaking, dispose of all flammable items, liquids, foods and other items that should not be shipped. Anything that can deteriorate should not be shipped. Click here for a detailed list of non-allowables or call your representative about any items not listed.
We can arrange to have your car(s), truck or SUV transported with the rest of your belongings; in the trailer or shipped separately on a car carrier. However, we do not transport cars as part of a regular local move.
Why not? But be aware of the potential problems. For instance, valuation coverage will not pay out on goods packed by their owner, unless the exterior of the box is damaged. If you will be packing, please review the correct
way to pack goods for the move.
Every home is different, but we can normally pack a home in 1-2 days.
Yes, you can. Just be sure not to leave anything solid that can damage the piece.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) consumer protection regulations contain the rules that must be followed when we provide interstate transportation of household goods. Please review the Rights and Responsibilities pamphlet for more information.
We know that we will be transporting most of your personal positions and that is why we strive to insure their safety.
Before your possessions are packed and loaded, it is important that you understand which items cannot be shipped (hazardous or are perishable items). Click here for a list of non-allowable items.
Bill of Lading/Freight Bill, states the terms and conditions which your goods are moved and is also your receipt for the shipment. A bill of lading indicates the particular vessel on which the goods have been placed, their intended destination, and the terms for transporting the shipment to its final destination.
This certification teaches techniques for safely packing possessions, certified packers have 200 hrs of supervised on the job training, 30 hrs classroom training, and a mastery of 80 skills associated with the packing process.
With the Windfall Customer Internet Access System movers have the ability to allow customers a secure way to see inside their warehouses and view their data online.Customers can:
- View inventory information online 24/7
- View the most current, accurate data available
- Run reports and place work orders at their convenience
- View Digital Images of items in storage
The move coordinator position was designed to provide a "seamless” move experience from beginning to end. To serve as the single point of contact for customer concerns and available to the customer during all working hours. A move coordinator is assigned to each move and will manage the entire move experience from start to finish.